Arlene Gold Wexler is a member in the law firm of Wexler Law Group PLLC. Arlene’s practice focuses primarily in the areas of family law and matrimonial law. Specifically, Arlene focuses on assisting clients in navigating the challenging issues regarding child custody, visitation, equitable distribution, pre-nuptial agreements and separation agreements.
Arlene also assists clients in real estate transactions, general civil litigation and estate planning. Arlene makes every effort to resolve each case without the need for litigation. However, she is prepared to litigate whenever necessary.
For over twenty five years, Arlene has been appointed by the Family and Supreme Courts in Westchester, Putnam and Rockland Counties as Attorney for Children in contested custody matters. Arlene has also been appointed by the Family and Supreme Courts in Westchester County to represent adults in contested family court proceedings. In addition, Arlene has been appointed by the Supreme Court and Surrogate’s Court as a referee, guardian ad litem, court evaluator and attorney for the alleged incapacitated person in litigated matters.
Areas of Practice
- Child Custody
- Matrimonial Law
- Family Offense Proceedings
- Juvenile Delinquency and Persons in Need of Supervision
- Neglect Proceedings
- Uniform Child Custody Litigation
- Real Estate
- Estate Planning
- Civil Litigation
- New York 1982
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York 1983
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York 1983
- Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio – J.D.
- Vassar College, Poughkeepsie, New York - A.B.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Attorney for Children Panel, Second Department of the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court
- Assigned Counsel Panel of the Westchester County Bar Association
- Westchester Women’s Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Justice Brandeis Law Society
- Matter of Sarah J.A., 156 A.D.3d 691, 66 N.Y.S.3d 668 (2d Dep’t 2017)
- M.C. v. D.C., 41 N.Y.S.3d 718, 2016 NY Misc. Lexis 3149 (Sup. Ct. Westchester Cty, 2016)
- Falcone v. Falcone, 109 A.D.3d 787, 971 N.Y.S.2d 132 (2d Dep’t 2013)
- Gilleo v. Williams, 71 A.D.3d 1023, 897 N.Y.S.2d 203 (2d Dep’t 2010)
- Costello v. Costello, 304 A.D.2d 517, 757 N.Y.S.2d 588 (2d Dep’t 2003)
- Lieberman v. Scully, 273 A.D.2d 279, 709 N.Y.S.2d 583 (2d Dep’t 2000)
- Gilyard v. Gilyard, 266 A.D.2d 289, 698 N.Y.S.2d 282 (2d Dep’t 1999)
- People v. Burwell, 260 A.D.2d 498, 689 N.Y.S.2d 165 (2d Dep’t 1999)
- People v. Williams, 226 A.D.2d 1150, 641 N.Y.S.2d 968 (2d Dep’t 1995)
- People v. Rivera, 211 A.D.2d 1012, 622 N.Y.S.2d 411 (2d Dep’t 1994)
- People v. Mazyck, 194 A.D.2d 808, 599 N.Y.S.2d 1021 (2d Dep’t 1993)
- McClure v. Zimmer, 199 A.D.2d 395, 605 N.Y.S.2d 107 (2d Dep’t 1993)